Enjoy a little fun by testing your knowledge on Rosh Hashanah. It’s not too hard or deep, but might make you think a little. Feel free to post your answers, and I’ll try and post a followup with my answers between now and Rosh Hashanah.
- What is the name of the month in which Rosh Hashanah falls?
- What are some other names for this day (biblical or traditional)?
- Why is Rosh Hashanah attributed as the first day of Creation?
- Why do we blow the shofar on this day?
- Why do we eat sweets on this day?
- What attributes of G-are emphasized on this day?
- What is “tashlich”?
- What is the traditional greeting for this day?
- Why is Rosh Hashanah celebrated for 2 days, even within Israel?
- Put the following events of this month in the correct order:
___ Rosh Hashanah
___ Simchat Torah
___ Yom Kippur
___ Sh’mini Atzeret
Update 09.22.06: Answers have been posted here
- Rosh Hashanah Trivia Answers
- 5 Minute Torah – Rosh Hashanah
- Paul’s Yom Kippur Sermon
- Announcing: Digging Deeper with Darren & Randy
- Rosh Chodesh – 2 Days?