Recently, BAR (Biblical Archaeology Review) published an article by Ronald S. Hendel connecting the origins of Jericho with the giant descendants of the Nephillim. His article is based on a connection he makes with the Grecian cities of Mycenae, Tiryns and Argos, and the enormous width of their walls. According to Greek mythology, these cities were built by the giant Cyclopes. Thus Hendel deduces that since the walls of Jericho were similar in size to these corresponding ancient cities, Joshua and the Isrraelites may have made a natural association with their biblical counterparts, “children of Anak” (Numbers 13).
You can read the full article here.
- 1,500 Year Old Church Unearthed in Israel
- Israelites found in Ancient Egypt
- Disengagement In Full Swing
- FREE DOWNLOAD: Passover Activity Sheets
- Murex trunculus confirmed as Biblical Tekhelet